photo by Adrienne Darnell
Dear Queens-Dwelling Creative Folk,
We are thrilled to announce the return of the Astoria Art Festival, which will be taking over the neighborhood on Friday, September 27-Sunday, October 6th. For one week, restaurants and shops across Astoria will showcase the work of emerging and well-known local artists alike, complemented by an energetic kick-off party and several boozy receptions. It’s going to be an amazing collaborative opportunity to put the growing number of talented Queens artists in the spotlight.
We invite Queens-based artists from all mediums (except for sculpture and large installations; unfortunately, tight spaces don’t allow for projects of this nature) to submit proposals and high-res Jpegs of their works for consideration. From photography and paintings to sketches and mixed-media collages, we want to see your creative endeavors!
1. The deadline for submission is August 18, 2013.
2. Along with high-res images of your work, please send an accompanying detailed description of no more than 200 words.
3. Please note the Queens neighborhood in which you reside.
4. Send all materials to the email address email@example.com by Midnight August 18, 2013 with the subject heading Open Call.
5. All selected entrants will be notified by August 30th, 2013
Thanks so much for your interest.